I'm not really good choosing names for my creations but here another creature bust design that I sculpted in Zbrush.
The main inspirations come from my passion for Blizzard games, in particular Starcraft and Diablo design.
I like to use Zbrush as a tool to do concept and sketches because it gives me the freedom that I want to explore different shapes and ideas.
During this sculpt I basically started from a Dynamesh sphere, added couple of subdivision levels in order to work better on the head and the brain lines.
I would like to notice how helpful Zremesh was to have a nice topology for the head. This allowed me to sculpt in a much more organic way, without scratches or polygons drawbacks.
Optimisation for printing time and material
When the model was detailed enough and I was happy with my idea I decided to optimize a little bit few shapes and lines to reduce a bit more the supports.
I also did five subtract operations on the internal part of the model to reduce a lot the printing time and the material inside the mesh.
To do this I chose to append a cylinder, transform that in a cone, duplicate 4 times the subtool and scale the primitives being careful to position all the cones in the right places.
This technique worked pretty well in my opinion, infact I saved couple of hours of printing even if the model had a relatively small scale (there is a picture showing the bottom of the model too to explain the result of the boolean operation).
The result is that couple of supports were generated only on the neck part.