The stock frosted glass shade for my ceiling fan was nice and all, but the frosted glass wasn't letting enough light through. Had some "crystal PLA" that is pretty clear and figured I'd try and see if I can get more light out. It worked!
3 base and 9 actual parts to it. you print out-
1 base, 4 Shade and 4 Top Lip. there are grooves to lock it all together. I just used a little dab of crazy glue type adhesive to lock it all down. The shades need a tad of cleaning/sanding as the thin print swells out a tad at the corners and it's a very tight fit.
NOTE- best if you have a REALLY good bed adhesion (I used a PrintinZ plate) and print the shades without support or brim or raft at 100% fill so as to prevent un needed clean up to get to fit. If you have poor bed adhesion then you may need supports or raft and you'll have to do a bit of clean up on the edges to get verythig to fit.