Advance your contactless door opening to the next level! Designed to minimize contact with contaminated surfaces during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.
Update! Additional parts available here: DO Advance - Upgrade Parts
This is the advanced version of the simple door opener with an integrated cover for the hook part to avoid touching the contaminated area while carrying. It uses a folding design similar to a pocket knife:
- Locking when open - enables use of the tip to push objects
- Retention when closed - avoids contamination while carrying
- Uses hardware from typical 3d printing supplies like cylinder/cap head screws, bed level adjustment springs.
- 2x M5x12 cap head srew OR 1x dome head + 1x cap head (alternative top cover provided)
- 4x M3x10 cap head to keep everything together
- 1x M3x8 as a thumb knob
- 2x M5 nuts either 3d printed (model provided) or metal
- 4x M3 nuts (optional, alternative bottom cover provided)
- 1x compression spring 5mm (from ball point pen or 3d printer bed leveling spring)
Contactless operation of
- Door handles
- Light switches
- Smaller handles on cabinets etc.
- Main hook with 2.5cm diameter for pullig large handles
- Pointed tip at the end of the hook for pulling small handles
- Angle cutout at the tip for pushing small objects
- Angle between hook and handle for pushing larger/heavier objects