This is my entry for the Esso Upcycling Challenge and what goes better with Esso than a traveling mug!
This mug has two walls to insualte the drinker from hot or cold and uses the natural 250mL top to prevent spills while traveling.
It only takes a few supplies and about 15 minutes to assemble.
1) Gather the printed cup_base and cup_top along with 2-3 250mL cans, a pair a scissors, and some tape.
2) Insert an intact can into the cup_base, slide the cup top over the can, then screw the cup_top and cup_base together.
3) Remove the tops and bottoms of the remaining cans and cut a vertical cut down the seam of the can. Cut the top and bottom portions off where the can bends inwards to make a flat rectangle.
4) Work the rectangle into the outer groove of the cup_base with the seam of the can aligned with the handle. Carefully slide the can into the outer groove of the cup_top until the sharp edges of the can are covered on both ends by plastic
5) Tape the vertical seam to cover sharp edges. Wrap tape around the upper and lower seams, overlapping the plastic and the can to secure the can in place.