This 3D printed drill jig is great for making centered holes on the edges of boards for dowel joints, or for drilling perpendicular and straight holes on the face of a board. Drill jigs and doweling guides are useful in place of dominos or biscuits, and can be used to strengthen a wide variety of wood joints.
I designed this tool in Fusion360 and printed it on the Monoprice Mini Select 3D printed. It is sized to fit boards up to 2 inches thick. This jig has removable inserts, 3D printed now, but they could be made from 3/4" hex stock for more durability. It can easily accommodate drill bits up to 3/8" in diameter.
Read More Here.
Watch the Video Here.
- Drill Jig Body : Green part, the holder for the inserts
- Insert-1-8 : 1/8" Drill Bit Insert
- Insert-3-16 : 3/16" Drill Bit Insert
- Insert-1-4 : 1/4" Drill Bit Insert
- Insert-5-16: 5/16" Drill Bit Insert
- Insert-3-8 : 3/8" Drill Bit Insert