Ardmore III ogham stone, Co. Waterford
The following has been copied from the Ogham in 3D website: https://ogham.celt.dias.ie/stone.php?lang=en&site=Ardmore&stoneinfo=description&stone=265._Ardmore_II
Early ecclesiastical site (Ard Mór/Uí Seasta – Ardocheasty townland). Early features at this site include St Declan's oratory, cathedral ruins (Romanesque), round tower, and 1 other ogham stone (CIIC 263) still on site inside cathedral walls and 1 other now in the National Museum of Ireland (CIIC 264).
This ogham stone has a small incised cross 'upon the sloping top of the stone, on the side opposite to the inscription'. Greenstone, 1.33m x 0.33m x 0.23m (converted from Macalister 1945, 260).
In the graveyard at Ardmore on a low wall beside a grave (Macalister 1945, 260) at Ardmore early ecclesiastical site, townland of Ardocheasty and barony of Decies within Drum. (GPS coordinates -7.725973, 51.948556)
- Fitzgerald, E. (1856-7): Proceedings – “Jottings in archaeology”, JRSAI 4, pp 40-49, 287-91. .
- Macalister, R.A.S. (1945): Corpus inscriptionum insularum Celticarum, pp 257, 260.
- McManus, D. (1991): A guide to ogam. Maynooth Monographs 4, pp 113, 117, 123..
- Moore, M. (1999): Archaeological Inventory of County Waterford. Dublin, pp 197.
- Rhys, J. (1903): 'The Ardmore ogam stones', JRSAI 33, pp 381-6.
- Westropp, T. J. (1903): 'Notes on the antiquities of Ardmore', JRSAI 33, pp 353-80.
Websites and Online Databases