I designed these rack mount brackets to mount a PDU underneath my desk. They are designed to be printed as a pair. The rear bracket (the smaller bracket, without the mounting holes) is optional, but recommended for deep pieces of rack equipment.
Dimensions are set up to fit a standard 1U 19-inch rackmount piece of equipment. This prints fairly easily, with no supports required. The brackets themselves are symmetric, and will fit either the left or right side of the device; print two of each of the brackets you want to use.
Note: these brackets were designed for standard/imperial sized hardware. M5 hardware should fit, but has not been tested!
- 4x #10-32 UNF screws, 0.75" length (Nearest metric equivalent: M5, 18 mm) - note that the brackets have thru holes and can take any screw that is long enough
- 4x #10 washers (Metric: M5 washers)
- 4x #10 SQUARE nuts (Metric: M5 square nut)
- 4x wood screws (e.g., Cabinet screws) or whatever will work for your desk (#8 or #10 screws should work). Washers are also recommended here.
- For version with 3mm pad recess: Sheet of 1/8" or 3mm thick adhesive-backed neoprene or rubber padding. Cut to fit the recesses on the tongues of the brackets.
- Attach left and right brackets to the equipment ears. Do this first to ensure that they are positioned correctly!
- Hold (or have someone else hold) the device in place under your table or desk.
- Secure the brackets to the desk with wood screws.
- (Optional; recommended for deep equipment, greater than 6"/150 mm or so) Secure the rear of the device to the table with the rear brackets.