Welcome to the Wyze x Wildrose builds competition! We're going to have a bit of fun with this one! This is a two part competition with four winners, we repeat FOUR winners!
Wildrosebuilds and Wyze want to see what kind of 3D printable cam accessories you can create. Think camera stands, robots, roomba mounts anything you can think of to make your camera more functional, useful, accessorized or mobile! The first and second place winners will receive an HD 1080p Wyze Cam for all your 3d-printing-while-at-work monitoring needs! In the second part of the competition, is for all you makers out there. We want to see your best pics for your 3D print fails! Have you left a print overnight and ended up with a giant spaghetti monster? Or left the room for a snack only to return to a blob of molten plastic on your hotend? We've all been there. Share your best pics on social and tag @wildrosebuilds @wyze and @myminifactory using the hashtag #wildxwyze The top two photos with the most engagement will each win an HD 1080p Wyze Cam!! Deadline is October 31st 2019. Ready... set... go!
There are two parts to this competition, a maker and a designer challenge. You're welcome to enter both or only one part.
Part 1 : Design Accessories
Your submission should be designed for specific cameras. It can be anything from a mount to a robots, from an accessory to a functional piece you might often loose. Please remember to add the make or model of the camera your designing for to the description box in your submission along with the hashtag #wildxwyze. Multiple submissions are allowed, the more the merrier! After submitting, share the photo with us on social so we can see what you've designed! Tag @wildrosebuilds @wyze and @myminifactory and use the hashtag : #wildxwyze
Part 2: Maker Print Fail Competition
This competition is all about your worst print fails. To be considered you must:
1. Post your photo on either Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter and
2. Tag @wildrosebuilds @wyze AND @myminifactory
3. Add the #wildxwyze
4. Tell your friends to like, share, and comment on the photos to get some buzz
The top two most engaging posts at the end of the competition will each be awarded an HD 1080p Wyze Cam!
Deadline for both parts of the competition is October 31st.
HD 1080p Wyze Cam
The HD 1080p Wyze Cam comes fully equipped with live streaming and 8x digital zoom, motion detection, night vision, flexible design, two way audio and time lapsing, continuous recording and much much more!!! Competition ends October 31st. The incredible HD 1080p Wyze Cam will be rewarded to the 1st and 2nd place design competition winners. Winners will be picked based on who designs the most usable, functional, best presented Camera accessory or add-on. A 1st and 2nd place winner will also be chosen for the print fail photo competition! Each winner will be awarded an HD 1080p Wyze Cam for the photos with the most engagement.
So you want to win a design competition?
Here are some top tips to help you save time:
1. Carefully read the brief and the themes section, make sure you understand the requirements of the competition
2. If the accessory is meant to be functional, make sure you print and test the model before submitting it to the competition. If you're submitting to the maker competition, don't forget to use the hashtag #wildxwyze and tag @wyze @wildrosebuilds and @myminifactory
3. You are free to submit more than one entry, more entries = more chances to win!
4. Optimize your design for 3D printing, with minimum support where possible.
5. Take a nice picture of your 3D printed object. A well-presented model page will drive more attention towards your design, share it with #wildxwyze.
6. Write a description of your design, and include the make and model of the camera you're designing for
7. Once your design is approved, post it on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and make sure to mention: @wildrosebuilds @wyze and @MyMiniFactory and use the hashtag #wildxwyze
- Read and understand the design brief.
- Thinkabout how you can best deliver a solution.
- Use the tips and resources provided
- Explain the concept behind your design.
- Presentprint, and photograph your design with care.