XYZprinting and MyMiniFactory are calling on you to design your favorite character, whether from a movie, game or simply your own original hero. This time there's a twist. Your models must be designed in color!! You can use any texture file or any number of colors without limitation but the challenge is to incorporate the colors into the design rather than creating larger color blocks. Checkout the resources for more ideas! Submit a design now through October 20th 2019 for a chance to win a brand new da Vinci Color mini 3D printer.
In order to be considered you must
1. You must upload your design on both MyMiniFactory and XYZprinting
2. Share your design on social using the hashtag #colorwithXYZ and #XYZprinting
How to upload on XYZ:
1. Upload to MyMiniFactory and add #colorwithXYZ
2. Upload to XYZprinting and add #colorwithXYZ
3. Share your content with us on social
* File requirement OBJ (Max size: 100MB), MTL(Max size: 100MB), or JPEG/BMP (no limit)
*All 3 files are needed on XYZ 3D gallery. To submit on XYZ 3D Gallery, please zip the 3 files (JPEG,OBJ,MTL).
The winner will receive a brand new da Vinci Color mini 3D printer valued at $1599.95 from XYZprinting!
XYZprinting will judge your designs based on their ability to incorporate color into the 3D printable model. The best entries will incorporate full color texture model into character's features,
clothing, accessories and even facial characteristics. There are no limitations to how many colors have to be used to win. However the color concepts must be incorporated rather than designed in color blocks
Submit your design before October 20th and share your designs and 3D prints using the hashtag #ColorwithXYZ by tagging @xyzprinting and @myminifactory on social for your chance to win a brand new, XYZprinting da Vinci Color mini 3D printer!!
So you want to win a design competition?
Here are some top tips to help you save time:
1. Carefully read the brief and the themes section, make sure you understand the requirements of the competition
2. Pick a character that you're familiar with or one that you've never seen before and be sure to incorporate colors into the design.
3. You are free to submit more than one entry, more entries = more chances to win!
4. Optimize your design for 3D printing, with minimum support where possible.
5. Take a nice picture of your 3D printed object. A well-presented object's page will drive more attention towards your design share with #colorwithxyz.
6. Write a description of your design, who's the chacter, what's their story
7. Once your design is approved, post it on Twitter or Facebook and make sure to mention: @xyzprinting @MyMiniFactory and on Instagram:@xyzprinting and@MyMiniFactory
Read and understand the design brief.
Thinkabout how you can best deliver a solution.
Use the tips and resources provided
Explain the concept behind your design.
Presentprint, and photograph your design with care.
Are you looking for some inspiration? Have a look at this collection of designs we created for you!
XYZprinting, a a New Kinpo Group company, is the world's no.1 market share desktop 3D printing manufacturer.
Dedicated to bringing cost-effective 3D printing to educators and classrooms, consumers and small-to-midsized businesses around the world, XYZprinting has broken down the barriers of 3D printer ownership by providing an easy-to-use device that delivers an outstanding user experience.
Its printers have won several accolades within the 3D printing industry at major technology industry events and by top publications. XYZprinting currently has offices in China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, the United States and Europe.
To learn more about XYZprinting products, view useful Tutorials, K-12 education resources and access 3D galleries for free, downloadable 3D designs, please visit xyzprinting.com.