I ended up printing it sideways (orientation shown in the STL file) because otherwise the pieces that flex end up flexing in the direction of the layer lines, and for me, they broke very easily. Personally I always have this problem. I'm not sure if you'd be able to print it in the otherwise more logical up and down orientation if you had better layer adhesion, or if this is just always an issue. Printing it sideways definitely leads to internal supports that are difficult to remove, but I did manage to get a functional part that way. I printed in PLA. I know people generally frown on PLA in a part that is used in a car, but I live in Canada. Not overly hot, so I thought I'd give it a try. If it fails, I'll print another in a more heat resistant material.
I printed at 0.1 layer height. You could likely get away with 0.2.