Please consider a tip, I want to keep doing this awesome stuff full time :)
Just as the elves prophesied:
"From your resins a new model shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall print;
Re-fabricated shall be blade that was broken,
3D Printing soon shall be king"
Slay orc, dragon and warg with your very own 3D printed copy of High King Aragorn's sword: Andúril, the flame of the west, reforged from the shards of Narsil. Originally forged in Nogrod by Telchar, no other sword in this site or others has such a noble lineage dating from the first age of men. Look at the pics! Btw im 1.80 (5.9 ft) so you can have an idea of the real size of this sword.
- 1.2 m (47 inches in length) 14 pieces to print.
- Slabbed design (new technique) 100% 3D printable construction, no extra parts needed, only a bit of super glue ;)
- 2 swords for 1: Sword with inscriptions (Andúril) print the L+R parts, Clean sword (Narsil) print L parts twice.
- Pieces are sliced in 220 mm (8 inches) chunks to maximize 3D printable build volume compatibility.
- Design Tips & Video instructions click here!
Since I read the book and watched the movie I have always wanted his sword, so another dream come true thanks to 3D design and 3D printing, I hope you all enjoy it!
My goal for this project was to see how thin and long I could make this sword without extra pieces, screws or inserts using only the mechanical capabilites of the material, which was PLA, and the process, which was FDM.
Sergio R. (3DNG)