There are several types of the axial compressor rotor (Disk and Blade).
I made the dovetail type disk and blade assembly as part of the axial compressor VIGV and Stator set before. Refer to https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-jet-engine-component-axial-compressor-75164
For the rear stages of HP compressor of the recent engine, the circumferential dovetail slot type rotor is used.
This type (method) is used to the "Drum Type Disk" because installation of blades is possible using with the "allen wrench" only.
This is its partial model to lean how to assemble blades and locks into the disk.
The following parts are included.
(1) Disk - Circumferential dovetail groove
(2) Blades - Circumferential dovetail - 3 types - Total 6 blades.
(3) Lock - 2 ea
(4) Screw - Internal Hex head - 2 ea
(5) Assembly Stand and Blade Stops
Download files includes;
-files: STL Files (7 items)
STL file name: "ws" of last 2 digits means "With Support" which special designed.
Purchase Parts Information;
- Internal Hex head (Stop Screw) - 3mm x 10mm - 2 ea
- M2x8 Screw - 2 ea (Tool)
- Standard Skill (such as Drilling, Tapping, Filing, Tightening etc.) is needed.
- Detail assembly procedure is shown in the "Photo-Book01.pdf"(Zip).
Total Net Print Time: Approx. 12HR
- (Estimated as case of PLA, 0.4mm Nozzle, 0.2mm Layer Height, 40% infill and No raft and support)
Note: When at actual print, each parameter may be adjusted by your experience.
3D printing settings
Raft, Support, Layer Height, Infill: Depending on your experience.
My models were printed by "idbox" using with 0.4 nozzle, 1.75 PLA.