I've made this Ferry for my son as we both love those machines that takes us to vacation every year! :)
Tinkercad tag #Jurelines.
We've put a lot of effort in it to be fully printable:
- The ramps has unique opening mechanism so it is easy to assemble, open and close,
- It has removable floating tanks, so when playing off water you just remove them,
- It's calculated that those tanks can hold up to 10 classical Matchbox / Majorette cars (if you manage to print ferry in about 300g and cars are about 300g),
- We've tested it in the adriatic sea and it floats great,
- One version is Lego compatibile, so kids can decorate it with lego,
- If you print Lego compatibile lower deck you can replace floating tanks with wheels (when needed) for playing indoors.
- It's on Tinkercad, so you can find all parts there and remix it for your needs under tag #Jurelines
(see pictures attached)
Need to be printed in parts (mainly with no support - check in slicer - ramp mechanism):
- 1x HULL (or Lego compatibile)
- 1x LOWER DECK (or Lego compatibile)
- 1x TOP DECK WITH CABIN (or Lego compatibile)
- 1x CABIN ROOF (or Lego compatibile)
- 2x RAMP
- 2x FLOATER (if you want your Ferry to swim in the water)
Have fun! Kids simply love it!
This object is published in Tinkercad challange #Tinkerfun
This object was made in Tinkercad. https://www.tinkercad.com/things/cH2YnRkidNJ