The iconic NASA "Meatball" insignia ready to be 3D printed in separated parts with their respective colours!
The model has 170 mm diameter and goes great on your wall, book shelf or with your space models.
Make sure to check some of my space models in my Instagram @3d.tm
If you have any feedback, questions, suggestions or just want to share the results of your print feel free to contact me via any of my social medias or here on MMF.
This model is for your personal and non-commercial use only. Therefore, according to the defined license for this design, the selling of either the files or printed copies of this model are not permitted.
Recommended Printing Settings:
- Outer Wall Flow: 90% ~ 95%
- Infill: 20%
- Supports: Yes
- Layer height:
- N.stl, A1.stl, S.stl, A1.stl, Red_detail_A.stl, Red_detail_B.stl, Red_detail_C.stl: 0.2 mm
- Back_plate.stl, Blue_ball.stl: 0.2 ~ 0.24 mm
- Orientation: Back_plate.stl might require minor adjustments in the orientation so it can be printed in 200X200 build plates.
- As the parts are designed for a tight fit, minor filing/sanding might be necessary specially around sharp corners to ensure a proper fitting.
- Make sure to properly remove any remaining of support material as it can interfere with the fitting of the parts.
- The assembly process does not require any special tools other than glue, files and sandpaper for the finishing. Sanding paper grids of 150 and 200 can handle well any sanding necessary.
- Most of the parts have distinct shapes for the joints and cavities, however refer to the parts list to assure the correct parts are assembled together.
- The glue recommended varies based on the type of filament. As a starting point, conventional CA glue can be used as well as model kits glues, the later one allowing a bit more of time to align and adjust the parts.