09/30/17 Updated Container Skirt, Container Skirt Detail, Container Cap for better tolerances, created Container Static Connector for a static connector between cap and nozzle
When I made the first Hogdrogen container (now deleted) it was with almost no knowledge of how Fusion 360 worked and the last 3D modelling program I had used being Maya in like 2008. So while I did like it it had some problems mainly with user friendliness and some model issues. I should note this is my third ever 3D model EVER so it probably has tons of problems.
- There were some weird irregularities in the main container and I had no clue why
- Some bits were combined into a single body which made painting the final product harder.
- Extremely unfriendly in terms of putting together. Nothing to guide bits together to make sure it was symmetrical or whatnot.
So with these in mind I went back to the drawing board and redid everything 100%. Nothing is reused at all. Now the container is properly measured and defined (instead of eyeballing it) and is made out of 8 parts. There are also guide bits that print out attached (so you essentially can put this together almost without any glue at all) so everything lines up how they should. HOWEVER I do not know how to take into account tolerances while modelling so you will almost assuredly have to sand the bits down a tiny bit. First and foremost this was designed by a cosplayer for cosplay purposes. It is meant to be printed, sanded and painted. This is not meant to be printed and to be displayed as is thus things may not fight together out of the printer at all without sanding.
Some print notes:
- Container cap should be flipped 180 degrees and then you can avoid supports
- Container Skirt Detail x2 should be flipped backwards 45 degrees and then you can avoid supports
- Almost everything else will need SOME supports due to the overhangs.
- Container flexible is meant to be printed in a TPU to make it functional. I don't plan on adding a static bit but if you want to go ahead.
There's nothing else I can really think of to add. This was a WIP but I have finished everything I want and will call it quits.
The pictures are the layer views from Cura. I used the Prusa i3 Mk 2 preset (mostly for the build plate volume, I don't own a 3D printer at this time). The very first picture is the estimates Cura 2.6.2 gave on time, material, weight and whether I used supports or not. Everything was set to 20% infill at 0.2mm height.