This is a neat ballhead based adjustable dashcam mount which replaces G1WH cam's terrible mounting system.
To lock the mount baseplate to the car's mirror ring you will need:
- 2 pcs M3x10 mm countersunk bolts
- 2 pcs M3 nuts
To assemble the ballhead you will need:
- 1 pc M4x30 mm hex headed bolt
- 1 pc M4 nut
- 1 pc M4 washer
- 1 pc M3x10 mm countersunk bolt
- 1 pc M3 nut
The pictures are speaking for itself but here is the assembly HOWTO:
1. assemble the base
- put the M3 nuts into their holes in "mirror mount clamp"
- use an M3x10 bolt to join the "mirror mount clamp" with the "mirror mount main" component
- put an M3 nut into its hole on the bottom of "mirror mount main" component
- screw in the "ball joint sole" into "mirror mount main" by using an M3x10 bolt
2. attach the base to the car's windscreen
- position the assembled base around the mirror base on the windscreen
- lock it tight by using an M3x10 bolt
3. Assemble the mount of the G1WH camera
- push the M4x30 hex-headed bolt thru the "ball joint middle"
- add an M4 washer to the end of the protruding bolt
- pull the prepared "ball joint middle" thru the "ball joint lock" component. Be careful - the thread on the "ball joint lock" component must look towards the ball.
- push an M4 nut into the hex hole on the "dashcam clamp ring"
- screw the M4x30 bolt into this nut - just make sure that the M4 nut and the "ball joint lock"
- push the G1WH camera's optics into the "dashcam clamp ring"
- screw in the M4x30 bolt to lock the camera in place
- attach the camera to the base by screwing the "ball joint lock" to the "ball joint sole" component.
That's all. I also made an assembly HOWTO video but at that time the "ball joint sole" component was the part of the "mirror mount main" component. Later I separated them for more precise thread printability.
I printed every component with 25% infill, 0.2 mm layer height.
If you would need to mount the G1WH dashcam to a 2015 Subaru Forester then print components "Forester mirror clamp bottom" and "Forester mirror clamp top" instead of "mirror mount clamp" and "mirror mount main".
Assembly video is here.