You might also like these free designs!
* Cog Twist Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-71772
* Star Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-80521
* Hex Twist Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-77281
* Citrus Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-75181
* Heart Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-74727
* Jigsaw Boxes: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-49533
* Crescent Twist Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-71925
And these premium designs:
* Invader Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-81169
* Vase Mode Hex Box: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-79143
Twist boxes are the best! Assembling different coloured parts into a whole is also the best! I'd been meaning for a while to try a twist box that revealed different layers through both the lid and base, and that's where this came from.
While this is obviously a very colourful design, the original version was a gothic-styled thing purely in black and purple, but the concept was the same - layers visible through shells within each other.
The tolerances are such that the parts that make up the lid and the base will take some effort to force together. Once they're joined, they aren't coming apart again! As usual with PLA, putting the lid on the base might take a little effort the first few times, but things smooth out quickly - the tolerance there was chosen to make sure it doesn't end up overly loose once things have settled in.
I'm really interested to see what colour combinations people come up with - please post your prints! :D