Recommended print settings with a .4 mm nozzle
- Layer Hight: .150 ~.160 mm, depending on motors and gearing
- 3 perimeters or shells (1.2 ~ 1.5 mm)
- 8 bottom layers (1.2 ~ 1.3 mm)
- 8 top layers (1.2 ~ 1.3 mm)
- Infill 20% ~ 25%, depending on infill type
Additional items needed to assemble a 4 shelves unit
- - 20 x Socket head screw M3x12 (or M3x16)
- - Medium CA or Epoxy or any other suitable glue
- - Optional: CA accelerator
- - Optional: 4 heat-set brass inserts M3 threaded
The included STL files should load the parts in the correct printing orientation in your slicer.
For a 4 shelves unit, print the following parts:
- - 1 x Top shelf (Topmk1mA.stl)
- - 4 x StackShelf V2 (Stackselfmk1mv2.stl)
- - 1 x Base (Basemk1mA.stl)
- - 16 x Joiners (Joinermk1M.stl)
- - 4 x Base joiners (Basejoinermk1M.stl)
Note: The assembly is easiest when building the unit upside down on the work surface.
1- Place the top shelf upside down on the work surface
2- Place a shelf upside down (refer to the writing on the self for orientation), onto the shelf; i.e.: the legs of the shelf will fit inside the receiving cups of the top shelf.
3- Attach the shelf to the top shelf with 4 M3x12 socket screws inserted into the holes in the legs. Apply just enough torque to secure the two selves together – DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
Optional: For a stronger joint, add a few drops of medium CA or Epoxy to the receiving cups in the top shelf before attaching it.
4- Attach 4 joiners to the base of the shelf with CA glue or epoxy.
- Note: The unit should be upside down on the work surface, therefore the base is at the top.
- The joiner has a notch to fit onto the shelf’s base in only one orientation and only one direction.
5- Place another shelf upside down on top of the first one. Attach it in a similar fashion as step 3 above.
6- Attach 4 additional joiners to the base of the second shelf with CA glue or epoxy. (Repeat step 4)
7- Place another shelf upside down on top of the third shelf. Attach it in a similar fashion as step 3 above.
8- Attach 4 additional joiners to the base of the third shelf with CA glue or epoxy. (Repeat step 4)
9- Place the fourth shelf upside down on top of the third shelf. Attach it in a similar fashion as step 3 above.
10- Attach 4 “base-joiners” to the base of the fourth shelf with CA glue or epoxy. (Repeat step 4 with the base-joiners instead of the regular joiner)
11 – Attach the base upside down on top of the fourth shelf using one of the methods described below:
- - Simply glue the base on the shelf with CA or epoxy
- - Insert 4 heat-set brass threaded M3 inserts into the corner holes of the shelf, then attach the base with M3x12 socket head screws