You might also like these free designs!
* Cog Bowl: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-75430
* Groover Vase: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-75113
* Lattice Bowl: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-53755
* Blade Vase: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-78571
* Gothic Goblet: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-73249
* Fan Parabola Vase: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-73432
* Clover Vase: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-71567
* Chunky Ring Vase: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-77170
* Tendril Vase: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-51873
* Jigsaw Vase: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-50426
* Lace-up Tiled Vase: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-45183
* Paintpot Planter: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-40901
* Rustic Star Vase: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-73918
* Pumpkin Jigsaw Vase: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-72744
* Pinstriped Table Vase: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-71432
And this premium design:
* Relic Vase: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-79349
If you're wondering why I like vases so much, check out this video!
(don't forget to subscribe!)
* Vase Mode is Great!: https://youtu.be/tba6KHk4qRk
Okay, so it's not entirely quadratic, there's a sine curve multiplied in there, too! Who can you trust in the face of such deception?! Specifically, we're talking about the side profile shape, here.
Regardless, it's a vase! And a twirly one! Hardly the most original shape, but I like it :)
Mostly, I wanted to work out how I could perform a linear extrusion in OpenSCAD that used a function to define scaling, and overcome the restriction of constant scaling. And, I did indeed find a solution! The code is attached along with the STL file, but be warned, there's no consideration of computational efficiency, and extruding a complex profile quickly ramps up the time required for the final render.