This is v2 of my wall mount. I adjusted the tolerances and redesigned the retention ring to have better holding force (it will hold an Amazon Dot in even if you mount it to the ceiling).
This is a flush wall or surface mount for the Echo Dot. It includes a cut-out for power/audio and also has wall-facing, triangular cut-outs to vent heat(yes, the echo dot does get warm on its own) and to allow full sound volume. The retaining ring is designed to only cover the outer half of the circumference of the light ring. I did this so you could print it will clear/translucent filament and allow the whole mount to light up OR print in an opaque filament and it will still look normal. No ports, mics, vents, buttons, or speaker sholes are covered with this model.
You can mount it to the wall using 1 to 3 drywall screws.That screw in flush, through the bottom.
The installation process goes as follows:
1. Hold the mount against the wall where you want it
2. Use up to 3, 1" drywall screws to mount it flush to the wall
3. Place the echo dot in the mount, making sure to line up the port with the cut-out
4. Push the retaining ring in with the narrower side fazing the echo dot
5. Plug it in and you're done.