I made the "Link tyep" pitch change propeller.
Refer to photo for both type difference.
This is "Gear type" pitch change propeller.
A. The following explainable elements were incorporated.
(1) Blade (x4)
Pitch changeable by Bevel Gears, Dummy BRG, Anti Icing Boot
(2) Pitch Change Piston
It is moved by turning of the screw instead of Hydro-Power.
(3) Pitch Stop
There are 2 stops (Ground Fine and Feather), other stops (Min Stop etc.) are eliminated.
B. Assembly Manual (PDF format, total 14 pages)
The detail assembly manual including "Parts-List", "After printing treatment" and "Assembly procedure" are prepared based on "Standard Skill (such as Drilling, Tapping, Filing, Tightening, Painting and Gluing etc.).
C. Download files includes;
- files: STL Files (23 items)
STL file name: "ws" of last 2 digits means "With Support" which special designed.
D. Purchase Parts Information; (See Assembly Manual)
- Ball Bearing 6805 (25x37x7) 1 ea DDL-740ZZ (4x7x2.5) 4 ea
- Screws ; M1.4x6 Screw : M2 Screw & Nut; M3 Screw, Washer & Nut; M6
- For M1.4 Screw; No need “Tapping”. Drill with φ1.0 drill then direct screw-in.
- AL Pipe ; φ5, 7
E.Total Net Print Time: Approx. 30HR
- (Estimated as case of PLA, 0.4mm Nozzle, 0.2mm Layer Height, 40% infill and No raft and support)
Note: When at actual print, each parameter may be adjusted by your experience.
F. 3D printing settings
- Raft, Support, Layer Height, Infill: Depending on your experience.
- My models were printed by "idbox" using with 0.4 nozzle, 1.75 PLA.
I do hope you enjoy making!!