You might also like these free designs!
* Pencil Icosahedron: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-83586
* Bone Nautilus: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-54588
* Fractal Snowflake: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-73350
* Octahedron Beads: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-73737
* Icosahedron Beads: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-73736
* Dodecahedron Beads: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-73498
* Lattice Bowl: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-53755
I've always loved M.C. Escher's work, and was leafing through a book of his stuff that I've had since I was a kid. Suddenly, it occurred to me that I have computers and printers and all sorts of technical toys that can make concepts a reality, and so it was that I set out to butcher Escher's plane-tiling lizards!
What we've ended up with is pretty cool! I duplicated the lizard structure, then smoothed out the corners into curves, being sure to make matching, deeper curves at the points where the parts meet. And it worked out great! Yet again, 3D printing is just the coolest thing ever, and lets me make things that would once have just been the realms of imagination and dreams :D