This is an entry for the Parrot Drone accessory design competition.
Once you are done with all that racing, the Jumping Drone Trailer will allow you to use
your drone to carry small loads around.
The trailer has been designed with 3D printing in mind (rather than plastic mould
injection), that’s the reason of the grid basket appearance and also the panelling
assembly, in order to keep printing time reasonable, although it is a rather large
The trailer is composed by several pieces to be assembled:
· One coupling to attach it to the drone
· One cardan joint to allow the rotation of the trailer in two different axis
· One base of the trailer
· Two wheels with groves where you can place rubber bands on so they do not
slip on the floor when you reverse with your drone
· Two laterals for the crate (you might want to use some glue here)
· Two front/end pieces for the crate (you might want to use some glue here
also, though it is not unavoidable)