Spool Mount for Joel's Challenge - My Mini Factory
- Top Arms have some play to accommodate spacing amd thickness variances. Top clean up any slop, add some felt or a rag to shim it snug.
- Bottom Arms should seat with the bottom (middle) board of yoru shelving unit.
- Left Side assembly is able to slide off the Spool Threaded Post for quick removable, but thre is a possibility for the roll to walk off, so a Stop Nuts are supplied if needed.
- Using a toliet Paper roll (eco-impact) slid over the Spool Threaded Post allows for a nice surace for a filament roll to ride on.
- This mount is big enough to mount a 3kg spool I have, but the Size 2 Spool threaded Post is needed. A larger one, Size 3, might accommodate a larger spool (5k), but I could see possible problems with that much weight hanging off the shelf and that amount of weight on layer lines... maybe make a filler rod for the Spool Thread Posts
Designing: As I was printing the Assembly, I changed the sizing of a couple areas. Even though, it isn't the same as the one I printed, Also files should print no problem.
Printer Used: Robo R1+ Printed all the prototype parts (Photos). I didn't print the larger Spool Posts because of their size. Could be pritned on a CR-10 or similar.
8-14-18 Update: Finally did a final look over of parts. I don't see any issues, did some minorupdates to a couple of the models.