A good friend of mine asked me if I could re-create a movie prop from the movie "Alien". My friend has been airbrushing a long time and is a big-time fan of the Alien-franchise and a vivid collector of memorabilia. So he wanted something to airbrush on and try out some different paints. Apparently there a few version of the notorious "egg" that hatches those friendly "facehuggers", so after some research and reference gathering I decided to go with a mixed version. At the time I made this it was the biggest thing I've ever printed on my UP! Mini back then. I designed it around a 12cm3 buildvolume. Hope you all like, and if you do let me know ;-) Keeps me motivated!
For those interested in Airbrushing, my friend used a mix of thinner-based and acrylic paints with his Iwata Micron and HPC airbrush. I've printed the whole thing in ABS white and was afraid the thinner-based paints would "eat" the ABS away but fortunately nothing happened. We've tested it out on some ABS pieces and since it's sprayed lightly and thin it was ok.