Fits a 5 gallon as well! (Thanks Adam and Clara)
-Download .zip file.
-Unzip, and open, all files and reference images are included.
-Print both parts included (Caddy, and Jar Cap)
Things to buy:
-X2 Giant rubber bands (8" long. Mine are replacement rubber bands for a clipboard found at an art store)
-X3 Regular every day rubber bands
-Ball Jelly Jar 12oz (Mine is quilted, found it at "Fish's Eddy")
Things you should have already if you have brewed beer previously:
-Carboy (1 gallon works well with this setup, also fits a 5 gallon)
-Length of plastic tube (Usually 7/16" diameter)
-Rubber stopper for top of Carboy (Depends on your Carboy size)
Once you have it all in front of you do the following:
- Pull the large rubber bands through the printed caddy.
- Stretch the large rubber bands and caddy over the glass fermenting jug.
- Screw the printed cap onto the top of your ball jar, then insert the plastic tube into the top, making sure the tube is about an inch from the bottom of the inside of the ball jar.
- Stick the other end of your tube into the top of the rubber stopper, then into the fermenter.
- Attach the ball jar to the caddy using 3 normal rubber bands to secure it.
- You are done! Now no pets should be able to knock your setup over, or spill it, and you can easily move it!