Something i've made wrong..?? 2nd try
this is my entry for the "FuelingInnovation 3D Design Competition"
I designed a canholder to change a stay-tab can to a resealable can which can be reused after it was empty.
It can be hooked with the carabiner to a backpack, a laptop bag or something else.
This canholder is designed to show 3D-printing to the public by the sponsor in his petrol stations,
I propose to built a display cabinet in the style of a 10 gallon gas pump of the 1920s.
In this cabinet a "Kossel mini"-type Deltaprinter can be placed so that the printing it is visible from all sides and nobody can touch the printer
(and don't hurt the fingers on the hotend) In the base there is enough space for the power supply, a spare roll of filament and a scraper.
All parts are designed to fit in a build volume of only Ø 100 mm and 140 mm height so that it can be printed even on micro delta printers
like the "RepRapPro Fisher 1" or RichRap's "3DR Delta".
The canholder is sealed by 2 o-rings, the bigger one is Ø 42x3 mm, the other one is Ø 32x3 mm
the big o-ring seales the centralpart at the inside diameter at the top of the can, this seems the most precise section of the different 250ml cans
the smal o-ring is the sealing of the canholder lid.
Both threads are standard metric fine threads, one is M60 x 1,5 mm, the thread of the lid is M 30 x 1,5 mm.
The Esso-logo at the carabiner works as an end stop so you can not overbend and brake it.
If you press the carabiner it will open wide enough to slide in the handle of the canholder.
I've avoided bridging, brim and raft, and also the parts don't need any support structures so there is no need for much cleaning.
I chose the "Can Cage" because I like to design something that can be usefull for lot of people - no sophisticated design for only a handful people,
the people who see this should desire to get a "CanCage" :-)
This design shows several of the potential of 3D-printing
functional standard threads, the parts separate and come together again, overhangs, vertical & horizontal logos, sealings, .. strong enough for daily use, not only for the display case
I hope I can excite the Sponsor and the MyMiniFactory-Team for my design
Thank you for the contest, I've had 3 weeks of fun with thinkering, printing and thinkering again.
Bernd N. (Pantah)
The green parts are testprints from a old spool of filament lying on the shelf for a long time.
"Quick" sectionings to check how it fits and how it looks and feels as printed part.
The chump is Ø 52 mm with a slot to insert a sheet of sandpaper to clean the bore for the can,
with a sheet of paper under the sandpaper I've adjusted the diameter to get a smooth fit.
The cans I've bought to check the fit had a maximum Ø of 53,3 mm - not 52,8 mm like the designer resource template of the 250ml can.