This is a device that you may use to cut a template shape from a can. The principle of this idea is that anyone can easily create out of it a large variety of items or products. I wanted to make sure that people will be able to use this device without needing any other pieces (pieces which were not printed by 3D). I have uploaded one of many examples which you can do with this device, such as a nice romantic candle holder with a template of sinus waves.
I have also uploaded the solidwork files so that you could make your own template for any purpose! In addition, you might want to adjust the dimentions to allow the print to work with your specific 3D printer.
How to use it?
You will need one external piece (not 3D printed) which is a pin (which I assume you must have).
- Take the can and cut the top edge of it.
- Insert the tube into the can.
- Take A pin and mark a dot on the can, on one of the slots.
- Put the ring on the can and place it in such a way that the hole in the ring and the marked dot are matched.
- Take both parts of the screw and insert the pin between them.
- Tight the screw (almost all the way in) to the side of the ring (this is a tuning element so you can decide how deep you want the pin go). You can also use the device just to scratch the can (and not only for cutting).
- Start moving the ring around the path and obseve the cutting action while in process.