This is a customizable 3D model, where you can print your own retro lightbox. These boxes normally costs >20 bucks, a printed one costs me about 5 dollar.
I've also added the two lightboxes as .stl files each with two different fonts that I'm using in the first picture.
The lid as well as the letter plates are chamfered. So you are able to slide the letter plates into the rails of the lid. After that you can slide the lid into the rails of the box. This ensures that these parts don't fall out.
Use OpenSCAD to create your own customized retro Lightbox.
You can set:
- length, height and width of the box
- number of lines
- 2 different fonts: Siren Stencil (the little box in the picture) and Stardos Stencil (the big box)
- round edges of the lightbox
- size of the hole on the back, to insert your led light
- different thicknesses of the lid, letter plates and box
I've ordered following lights from Banggood:
For a small lightbox:
For a medium lightbox:
- 1m LED strip with a switch and USB connector (thats in my big lightbox). I use it with a USB power bank: https://goo.gl/FazfhM and the power bank: https://goo.gl/jeEBAv
20 LED "snowman". It has a 3 AA-cell case: https://goo.gl/8AEiPD
For a big lightbox:
- 2m LED strip USB powered: https://goo.gl/MWZb9k
How to support me?
Do you like my things and do you want to support me? You can use these links if you want to buy something. This helps me doing more things. Thanks!