Product demo : http://fc.filagain.com
This is our Filament Container design that can hold multiple filament spools and use all of it at the same time.
The container have "valves" which filament can exit from the container through PTFE tube so that the filament will stay dry and clean until it reached the extruder motor.
All the parts can be easily printed without supports.
If you want to buy fully assembled ones, see here (Indonesia only): https://www.tokopedia.com/filagain/
Tools needed to assemble:
- Drill (or anything else that can make a 4mm hole)
(Non-printed) Parts needed:
- Plastic Container*
- M3 Countersunk Screws - 10mm length**
- M3 Hex Nut**
- 1" PVC Pipe with (32mm outer diameter)***
- Silica Gel, the more the merrier (I use 1kg reusable blue silica gel)
- Hygrometer with external sensor. Use something like this , the Hygrometer mount is built specifically for this model.
*Use any container that can fit a filament spool. In the photo I use CB 30 (30 liter) container. Highly recommend to use container that use clear plastic color.
**Amount of screws & hex nut depends on how many container valves you will make. You will need at least 10 set of screws & hex nut to make container with 2 valves.
***Length of the pipe depends on the container you use.
Assembly Instructions, its a bit rough explanation but you'll figure it out yourself what I meant later:
- Print the model (see last image of what to print and how many to create container with 2 valves)
- Drill holes for the screws and the filament valve. (use the holes on the printed models as drill position reference)
- Assemble the printed model on the plastic container
- Cut the PVC pipe that can fit on the 3D printed "spool holder" parts inside the container.
- Pour silica gel in the container and done!