Replacement part for G230 Stereo Gaming Headset.
The weakest part about the headset is the swivel hinge, which tends to brake sooner or later, like it did to me.
You will need:
-4 x M3x10mm screws (Per hinge)
-4 x M3 nut (Per hinge)
How to replace bought hinges:
- Disassemble the right speaker (Not all screws are the same, so take note)
- Unsolder the right speaker (Note the polarity)
- Pull the cable through the head peace
(The cable is most likely glued outside the speaker enclosure, so be careful when tearing it away)
- Disassemble the left speaker
- Disassemble the hinges and replace them
- Put everything back together
I printed the Top_1 and Bottom_1 with HobbyKing ABS plastic with 0,075 layer height(0,2 is also good, but i wanted to see what happens) and 40% infill (20% is sufficient, but I want it forever). The print was orientated like the STL files with support material, but the support material was very hard to remove, so I made the second version, that has no holes for the screw and nut.
After you print yours, you will need to file the two sides, which face each other and the shaft connecting speaker enclosure to the headpiece.
Because I ran out of M3x10mm screws, I used M3x12mm screws for the right headphone.