This is stylized after the case that came with the Gameboy Advance gummies from way back when. They were really cute! When I was little, I tried to keep one as a container, but I lost it in a move when my family changed houses. The standalone case goes for $10 on Ebay now. That option is definitely cheaper than 3D printing, but I wanted to customize.
Shout-outs to Onyx FDM, the company I paid to print this. The holes I was worried about came out as faint impressions from the D-pad circle and inlets surrounding the start/select buttons. I'm guessing it's the result of inner geometry when I was trying to make the holes in the first place.
I didn't make a model for the actual screen, since my plan was to just cut a clear acrylic sheet to size myself. The depth of the screen inlet is approximately 1.041mm. The shoulder buttons aren't separated, as they're necessary for prying the front half off easily. I'm also considering making some little platforms for GBA cartridges to put inside, since that was a feature of the original case.
UPDATE 10.12.19 - I had the screen parts printed and decided to make the front part slightly taller. The updated file has been uploaded. Once I'm done gluing and sanding things down, I'll share the finishing process and show off pics of all the printed parts.
UPDATE 10.16.19 - Back screen file has been made slightly wider. Post-printing details posted below.
UPDATE 10.23.19 - Front screen file has been made slightly taller. Some extra details have been posted below regarding dimensions.
UPDATE 11.6.19 - A STL file with the front parts assembled together has been uploaded.