A few weeks ago we brought you some Fully Customizable General Purpose Handles which proved _really_ popular. Thank you so much to everyone who liked them!
This week we are bringing you another design which was inspired by the 'Single Point' handle; a general purpose handle grip. And just like before, it is fully customizable!
Whether you need a handle for a fishing game or a selfie-stick, this design should be perfect for it.
This design is completely free and shared under a permissive license. Your support is hugely appreciated.
Did you know?
Some of our designs cannot be found on MyMiniFactory. If you are looking for more, check out our premium projects:
OpenSCAD Customizer Options
This design has the following Customizer options:
- `Handle_Core_Length` - Length of the handle core (the part you hold)
- `Handle_Core_Thickness` - Thickness of the handle core material (excludes the bulge)
- `Hole_Diameter` - Diameter of the hole inside the handle
- `Hole_Depth_Percent` - Depth of the hole inside the handle as percentage of overall length
- `Bulge_Length_Percent` - Length of the bulge as percentage of Handle_Core_Length
- `Bulge_Width` - Width of the bulge
- `Cap_Bevel_Radius` - The radius of the bevel used for the end caps
- `Cap_Middle_Extrusion` - How much to extrude the middle of the end caps
We recommend printing this in a flexible filament for extra comfort.
- 1.0 (27 Nov 2020) - Initial version
Recommended slicer settings:
- Resolution: 0.1mm - 0.2mm
- Infill: 20% - 100%, depending how 'squishy' (technical term!) or durable you need the handle to be.
- Supports: Not required for most designs, but will be required for some. For example, if you set a high `Cap_Bevel_Radius` value, the end caps will have large overhangs. We recommend using 'Tree supports' (in Cura - other slicers may use another name for this feature).
- Rafts: No, unless you have adhesion issues. You may require a brim or raft if using tree supports.
The "General Purpose Handle Grip" models (.stl) are licensed under the CC BY license by Code and Make.
The "General Purpose Handle Grip" code (.scad) is licensed under The MIT License by Code and Make.
Please note: The CC-BY license has been selected on MyMiniFactory because MyMiniFactory's list of licenses does not include MIT.
We are proud to offer content to you absolutely free.
We love to create free content for you. As you might imagine, it takes a lot of time. Supporters help us fund materials and equipment to create future projects and tutorials. To show your appreciation, please use the link below:
We thank you so much for your support!