This is the ULTIMATE SCX24 kit build for those who are ready to push the limits of their Axial platform! We have put lots of time into design and testing this kit and happy to finally release it.
**This kit was designed to be printed by a shapeways like manufacture as well as all of the parts are setup on "trees" again because it was designed for manufacturing. it is possible to print most of the parts on a high quality home printer but beware, it will be a challenge.
- This was designed to take a Leopard hobby 1625 sensored brushless motor system which we offer a motor mount for that bolts to stock transmission but you can use a factory electronics system as well. We can not gurantee any other motor system will physically fit but your are more than welcome to try.
- The front differential uses a custom ring gear that will need bearings from fast eddy bearing (10mm ID X 15MM OD X 4MM W bearings qty 2) tolerances are tight to elimiate bearing slop so be carfeul assembling.
- For the front diff you will use the factory pinion gear and bearings, your new ring gear is supplied with the kit.
- I recommend to fully assemble the front diff and install it into the bulkhead as a complete part before installing the cage
- Stock drive shaft parts will be used between transmission and front diff, may need trimming on female side, since all models vary driveshaft length I recommend order the factory Axial driveshaft pack for you have extra parts
- Front control arm pivots at the chassis will use 2mm pin or tool steel rod to fasten the arms to the chassis, again chase any holes for control arm pivots with a 2mm drill bit. Look for smooth operation and little resistance.
-Upper arm pins should be cut to ~22mm
-Lower arm pins should be cut to ~36mm
- This kit was designed to use the Hobby Plus CR-24 or Carisma MSA-1e oil filled shocks, I reccomend adapting these shocks to use the factory rod ends for clearence purposes, in the rear you will need to swap the metal ball for the regular plastic spherical, like what comes in the stock links.
- The front spindles use custom Fast Eddy bearings (4MM ID X 8MM OD X 3MM W and 8MM ID X 12MM OD X 3.5 W QTY 2 of each), again be careful installing bearings as tolerances are tight in the spindle to eliminate bearing slop.
- Front axle shafts the kit is designed for are team associated RC18R CVD axles from front diff to front wheels. other rc18 model axles WILL NOT work they are longer than the RC18R
- Cleaning up the steering rack assembly is going to be crucial so you dont have too much steering resistance. You want the steering slider to move freely in the mount. I recommend files or sandpaper to knock edges and smooth on as many contact surfaces of the plastic for smooth operation. If you have too much resistance it will cause the steering to be slower and potentially burn out the servo.
- I recommend assembling the steering rack assembly and steering link fully and bolting it into the chassis before dropping the cage on the bulkhead and skid plate.
- If you are experiencing a significant amount of bump steer try moving the tie rod pivots to the rack to the other hole on the rack adapter or moving the pin on the upper arm on the chassis side to a different hole (3 hole options provided) it should fix bump steer.
Tools needed to assemble-
- Basic hand tools
- Allen wrench set
- Files and/or sand paper
- Saw or cutoff wheel to cut suspension pins
- 1.2mm drill bit to chase bolt holes
- 2mm drill bit to chase holes in front suspension pivots and arms
Parts needed to assemble-
- Emax servo (wouldn’t bother with stock servo)(other servos of similar dimensions would probably work too)
- 6 bearings for front drivetrain (bearing specs above)
- Axial driveshaft kit (Incase your factory model doesn’t have the right length female ends)
- Carisma or CR24 shocks (mainly for the stiffer springs)
- Extra scx24 bolt kit (so you have the extra hardware to assemble all the pieces)
- RC18R CVD axle shafts (front drive axles $18 for a set online)
- +4mm at least wheel wideners (for the rear to match the front width)
- ~6” of 2mm steel pins for front upper and lower chassis suspension pivots (amazon or ebay)
3D PRINTED PARTS LIST-
Mid skid plate
Front skid plate
Front diff kit
Front A-arm kit
Front drive wheel hexes
Trailing arms / rear upper arms
Link mount wideners
Light bar / Tail light housings (option)
Radiator / Fuel cell (option)
Backhalf cover panel (only needed on this chassis option for no spare tire)
Rear triangle panels
Priver door panel
Passenger door panel
**Keep in mind parts might be extra tight on initial assembly but after a few drives things will break in and loosen up.
**This kit and/or any of the parts associated with it that we make are not bulletproof they will withstand regular driving abuse but no spectacular falls off the workbench or your buddy stepping on the car or rolling off a cliff.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!