A striking funny thing, especially when you see it for the first time.
Here's some instruction how to make it.
You will need fishing line (0,5-0,7 mm) and superglue (cyanoacrylate).
1. print 2 hooks and 2 stands
2. attach/glue the hooks to the stands
3. connect hooks using fishing line; the distance should be about 3-4 cm:
- pass the line through the outer hole
- then make 2-3 loops using the second hole
- tighten it
- fix it by a drop of superglue, cut the line
- do the same for the second hook
4. using the same technic attach four 0.5 m long lines to the bottom stand
5. attach upper stand; for each arm:
- pass the corresponding line through the outer hole
- then make 2-3-4 loops using 2 inner holes (this needed to get enough friction)
a hint - the line path is like S + loops
6. now tighten each line a bit - you will get you thing "standing" but crooked
7. the main step is to make it upright:
- put some (desirable) weight on the top or just push it
- try to roughly align the top
- measure the topbottom distance
- one by one, tighten the lines and glue them at the same distance - the goal is to get 4 equal distances between corresponding arms, so the top will be parallel to the bottom
- cut the lines
P.S. Share your makes!
P.P.S. I like coffee, don't hesitate to tip me one :)