I have made the cutaway model of about several kinds of turboprop engines and Propfan engines.
The basic component was simplified from size restrictions of my 3D printer.
Then, it decided to expand each component and to create the actual model which gives structure explanation.
It is the "Planetary Gear" model this time.
Almost Turboprop engines use "Planetary Gear" and some type of Propfan engine use it.
Planetary Gear has 3 shafts.
On Turboprop use, 1 input and 1 output usually. On Propfan use, 1 input and 2 outputs.
The following explainable elements were incorporated.
(1) 3 shafts can be turned and secured indivisualy.
(2) Combiantions of shaft is shown in photo. All combination will be established by this model.
Download files includes;
-files: STL Files (16 items)
STL file name: "ws" of last 2 digits means "With Support" which special designed.
-Assembly-Photos (PDF(ZIP) format)
Purchase Parts Information;
Screws and Nuts; M2, M3 - See Photo
- Standard Skill (such as Drilling, Tapping, Filing, Tightening, Painting and Gluing etc.) is needed and perseverance too.
- Assembly procedure are shown in photos
- Fit check between parts is important.
- Using the grease for plastic is very helpfull to get smooth rotation.
Total Net Print Time: Approx. 30HR
- (Estimated as case of PLA, 0.4mm Nozzle, 0.2mm Layer Height, 40% infill and No raft and support)
Note: When at actual print, each parameter may be adjusted by your experience.
3D printing settings
Raft, Support, Layer Height, Infill: Depending on your experience.
My models were printed by "idbox" using with 0.4 nozzle, 1.75 PLA.
Combination Picture is added.
I do hope you enjoy making!!