This is a very simple Lithophane display. Here are the instructions if you want to build your own...
- Go to http://3dp.rocks/lithophane/
- Insert your image (combine them into one long strip before hand)
- Go to settings - model settings - then set the maximum size to 200 and the thickness to 2. The rest is up to you.
- Choose solid cylinder for the shape and save the model
- Open the model in 3d builder (comes pre installed on windows computers)
- Select your model and scale the width to be 60 mm and the height to be 44.11 mm, make sure to click the little lock button if it isn't working
- Insert a cylinder and set the width to be 54 mm, make sure the height is large enough to run through the entire model.
- Go to edit, and click subtract, save
- Get urself an old cable (that has a transformer on it)
- Print everything.
- cut the ends of the cable, run it through the hole and connect it to some leds or an led strip
If you dont know what you're doing with the electronics search it up first, dont catch your house on fire.
Thats it, simple but effective. :)