3D print New York
Mini Chango is a desk decoration and conversation piece based on the comical and infamous "chango" (or greater antillean grackle), a very common bird in Puerto Rico seen by tourists and locals alike throughout the island. The bird also represents to some extent the puerto rican culture, as exposed by the author Magali Garcia Ramis in "El chango como pájaro nacional" (The chango as a national bird), making the interaction with it a meditative exercise of acceptance in personal, national or social terms. Lastly, it's a mixture between humor, classic design (taking as reference Kristian Vedel Bird), technology and caribbean aesthetic & context.
- All pieces can be printed at once with any given setting; but for best results:
- Print the head with black filament, a 30% infill, 2 shells and 20mm or less of layer height with rafts and supports.
- Print the body with black filament, a 5% infill, 2 shells and 20mm or less of layer height with rafts and supports.
- Print the eyes with yellow filament, same settings as body.
- After cleaning up the rafts and supports, insert the eyes into the eye socket in the head piece.
- Place the head on the body's pocket.
- Move the head around and enjoy!.
Angel L. Lamar Oliveras (ALLO)