I have a standing Ottlite on which the mounting arm attaching the lamp head to the support bars was broken. Enter my 3D printer... I designed the replacement mounting arm using (yes, of all things and some will cringe) 3D Builder. After a trip to Lowes for hardware to connect it all up (about $5 in hardware (I bought way more than I needed - oh well). It is very stable and is holding up great.
# Print Settings
Printer Brand: MakerBot
Printer: MakerBot Replicator+
Resolution: 200 mils
I always print with a raft because I get better results doing so, so the raft can be at your discretion. I set supports because I wanted to ensure the larger bolt hole was printed to the best results. I used 50% infill to get the rigidity I wanted for strength. It was printed using Robo3D Rocket Red PLA filament.
## Smaller Bolt Hole
The smaller bolt hole is a tight fit for the OEM bolt; however, I did that by design to ensure there was minimal play and would provide a good tight fit.
## Large Bolt Hole
For replacing the large bolt, I replaced the OEM bolt with a 3/8" x 2 1/2" bolt with some flat washers and a locking nut with a nylon ring inset in the nut.