Hello and, again, welcome to the Aperture Science computer-aided enrichment center.
It's a 1:1 scale portal radio, which is cool by itself, but this model (not like there are many portal radio models) also has mounts for leds which makes it even more cooler. Or even add a bluethooth speaker inside (like I did) to make it top notch portal prop.
- One radio requires sligntly less then 1kg of plastic.
- Translucent/clear plastic for diffusers. Natural PLA works great.
- 3 10mm M3 and 2 15mm M3 screws for assembly (additionaly 2 5mm M3 if going to use my electronics mount)
- 40(5+35) cm of led strip and cylindrical 5mm led. 5cm part is used for screen and 35cm part is used for ark.
- 300 x 300 mm printer (CR-10). I'm working on version for 200 x 200 mm printers.
- 5mm alluminium (or any other really) rod with 355 mm lenght for antenna.
Assembly is pretty straigtforward and easy. At least I try to hope so.
In my pictures I used a blue colored leds and not cyan, as it should be, since I already had them. Also, mine build is also works as bluethooth speaker, I probably will upload step files for base and top button, to make modifications easier.
If you need any parts modified you can DM me, I would love to help you.
Update 26.12: I added stencil for front panel and base with holes for electronics mount and the mount itself. Mount supports 2 x 57 mm speakes and has space for bluetooth receiver/amplifier/step-down voltage regulator.