This Spool Holder was designed for the "3D Printing Nerd" competition. After a few design Ideas, I ended up settling on this one.
- It's Parametric (you can make it fit any size piece of wood).
- Requires no support.
- Clips together without any bolts / screws / glue.
- Free rolling outer allows for smooth filament delivery (without needing to add bearings) Inner and outer spindle need to be printed as the one piece, how to do this will vary depending on your slicing software.
- Fusion360, STEP and STL files included.
- Clearance added to prevent spool from coming into contact withspools on shelf
I have attempted to make it as print friendly as possible, you should be able to print it in just about any rigid material on almost any 3D printer and without support material.
The competition this was designed for required the spool holder to fit onto a wooden banister approximately 18mm x 38mm, which is around about the actual size of an American 1" X 2" piece of lumber. But, since many of us reside outside the USA I decided to make the design parametric, so just by tweaking some numbers in Fusion360, you can make the spool holder fit onto pretty much any size of wood (I have included some images showing how to do this).
Good luck to the rest of the entrants and happy printing!