As I had some IKEA Tertial Lamps laying around here, I decided on upcycling one of them.
This is a solder fumes extractor which is to replace the lamp head of an IKEA Tertial Lamp.
I am using a BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 High Speed Fan with the dampening corners. You can also use a 120/230V fan and keep the original wire with the switch. But be careful - handling line voltage installations should only be done by professionals.
Depending on the diameter of the fan mounting holes you might need 4x the insert to match the M3 screws. With the BeQuiet! Silent Wing fan, the M3 just fits fine.
- insert the 2 nylock nuts in the Fan-Case
- place the fan into the Fan-Case
- insert the 4 M3 nuts into the cutouts in the Fan-Case
- screw the filter case on to the assembly (4x M3x35mm)
- install a standard 130mm x 130mm x 10mm activated carbon filter
- slide in the Filter-Fence or Filter-Fence_Thicker
- unscrew the lamp head from the Tertial (and cut/replace the wiring)
- use the 2x M3x16mm Screws to fix the fumes extractor to the Tertial
and that's it
- 4x cylinder head M3x35mm
- 4x M3 Hex nut
- 2x M3x16mm
- 2x M3 Nylock nut
- 1x 120mm x 120mm Fan
It is fully printable without supports.
The small vertical thing in the cable opening is a built-in support and can be removed with a sharp knife.
Model used for rendering: https://grabcad.com/library/lampada-ikea-tertial-1