This object was made in Tinkercad. https://www.tinkercad.com/things/1k9j7PS50ly
This fountain is perfect for a patio or deck table or even a garden.
2- Either the Ball Platform or the Ball and Columns Platform
3- Small fish tank or fountain pump
4- Tube for the pump
- IMPORTANT: There is no hole for the tube in the platform. This is so you can make
an appropriate sized hole for the tube of your choice.
5- Some sort of sealant
- IMPORTANT: Most likely you will need to seal your print with epoxy or clear coat.
Generally 3D prints are NOT water tight.
- I designed a dome roof that sits on the ring of columns, as well as a flat roof.
- The flat roof can easily be remixed to be made into a roof of your own design
- Alternatively, you could just put the figure or statue of your choice on top of the flat
The goal was to create a fountain that:
1- Does not splash
2- Would be large
3- Requires minimal material for its size
4- Requires no supports
5- Could be customized
6- Could be easily sealed
7- Looks good
I think these goals are accomplished as follows:
1- Water should flow over the ball and into the basin in a continuous flow rather than falling
2- Each piece is about as big as my printer can handle
3- Did my best, let me know if you have any ideas. I've found 3mm walls are plenty strong.
4- As long as your printer can't handle a 45 degree overhang, no supports required
5- Aquarium pebbles could be used on the platform's conical basin, as well as the platform
- You can add anything you want to the flat roof, or design a roof of your own
- Since it has to be sealed anyway, might as well spray paint the discrete pieces different
6- All surfaces where water flows/is held are easily accessible
7- You tell me!