This is TILTED ADAPTER for Nocuta (or other 40x40x10) fan AND matching Fan Covers!
This tilted adapter has 4 benefits:
- Noctua Fan is REALLY quiet and reliable! You should upgrade!
- Fan is pumping cooler air (instead of warm from the bed) as it's tilted upwards.
- Less intake turbulence (no warping on this side of the bed)
- Full Noctua fan cover compatible, to prevent sickness from Noctua natural colors... ;)
Full Noctua cover has advantage of hiding the entire fan and also allows mounting the fan via rubber pads which are squished together, making the fan quieter.
Front fan cover is just there for aesthetics and there are 2 versions - the round and the square one. It is matched to the noctua fan design.
I recommend printing covers in color, so that hexagons steps-out while making adapter in black. Choose the material that you like and you need. While PLA is fine for this parts, it may be better to use ABS or PETG if you are printing a lot of ABS...
I'm using four M3x20 screws for the fan (cover) and four M3x10 or M3x12 for mounting the adapter in place. For front fan cover I use two M3x25mm.
Note: While I have tested this and proven it works, this is still work in progress until it's verified by more users. I'm also not responsible for anything if you use this parts. :)
PLEASE: Make a feedback with comment and photo!
- 1.2.2017 9:09 - Initial Release
- 1.2.2017 13:21 - Noctua Cover V3 - thicker wall on all 4 edges
- 1.2.2017 14:49 - TiltedNoctuaAdapter V4 - shorter screw hole to prevent too thin wall (Thanks wschadow!)
- 3.2.2017 12:16 - Added photos of ABS printed. Everything OKAY with files!