This object was made in Tinkercad
Once this object is fully assembled, once someone walks past the motion sensor on the front, all of the lights and the motor will turn on. The motor will spin, causing the skeleton hand to go in and out of the book so it looks like it is trying to grab you. And it can all be made with 10(Only 10....seriously!) simple steps that should take you about 1 to 2 hours.
For this project I used a cheap 12 dollar motion sensor light that I ordered from Walmart, and a small, cheap motor off of Amazon titledGLE2016 1700-7300RPM 1.5-6.5V High Torque Cylinder Electric Mini DC Motor .
1. Disassemble the motion sensor light
2. Desolder all of the lights
3. Solder wires into the holes where the lights went
4. Solder colorful lights onto the wires
5. Solder the motor into the circuit
6. Desolder the motion sensor and photoreceptor. Add wires where they went, and attatch the components to the wires corresponding with their spots
7. Put the pegs into the holes on the bottom of the book
8. Put the spinning shaft with the skeleton hand onto the top of the motor.
9. Place everything into its respective spot as shown in the pictures.
10. Put cardboard around the pegs
Turn on and enjoy!