My daughter wanted the Sword of Daylight from Trollhunters. I'm new to 3D printing so I took it on as a learning project. Modeled in Fusion 360 I made it to fit on a 5/8 inch wood dowel that is 25.6 inches long. I made little connectors to strengthen the seams. When I put mine together, not all connectors ended up fitting so I just put one in per seam. I think it had to do with a little distortion in the base of each print. The seam where both connecting sides were on top of the print they fit perfectly. If I did this again I'd print the blade pieces on a raft to try to help that issue. I printed 6 connectors but ended up using only 4. 15% infill seems to have been good enough for strength. If I printed this again I'd probably go with a higher infill on the tip piece and the handle.
The only part that needs supports is the hilt. I made the inner holes have 45 degree angles. I glued the pieces together then blended the seams with Bondo and sanded. I didn't have time to finish it as nice as I would have liked. In the end she wanted it painted like the Sword of Eclipse.
This is a monster of a print. I think all pieces printed in a total time of around 45 hours on my CR-10. The picture of the pieces is how I oriented the prints.