“It’s your mind that creates this world”, apparently from Buddha. These words inspired me to design this trophy for #3DPIAwards.
This model consists of 3 main components including following items:
1. The main body that is made of wire frame structure which shapes a human head.
2. World globe with logo of 3D printing industry and Protolabs.
3. Two Pi numbers which are twisted around themselves in opposite direction. this component acts as support structure for world globe as well.
Facts about this model:
1. The world globe has capability of rotating. Yes! the model is formed by 2 separate parts which the world globe is inside of the head and because of the gap between the Pi number column and the head, the world globe can be rotated after printing without any assembly. Maybe this is the first dynamic Trophy in the world ever!
2. The most important constant number in the universe "the Pi number" which is column of the world globe and a support structure, is the first two letters of "Printing", which is in #3DPrintingIndustry logo!
3. The Pi number is visible on top view of model.
4. The world globe has several holes for removing extra resin.
This model is optimized for SLA or DLP 3D printing technology and transparent resin will show the beauty of the model better.