Check my new updated x carriage:
Vertical X-Carriage (NOT modular), using stock nylon spacers, with BLTouch V2 mount
Goals in mind:1 - Have a design with as fewer parts as possible to print (because I don't need a modular carriage), making it easier and faster to print. It also uses less filament, reducing the weight and the inertia, as a consequence.
2 - Add a BLTouch V2 mount right behind the hotend. By doing that the probe is aligned with the nozzle on the X-axis and it's offset on Y-axis as little as possible. Because a Tevo Tarantula has more room on the Y-axis, having the probe positioned like that, makes it possible to probe the hole printing bed surface.
3 - I also made it having in mind the spare parts that comes with the printer. I'm using the nylon spacers that came with the printer and most of bolts and nuts needed also came with it as spare parts.
4 - The width is the same of the stock x carriage, so it will not affect the printing area.
I exported the files with the parts on it's final position after assembled. If someone wants to remix my design this will make their job easier. But for those printing, you need to distribute and organize the position and rotation of each part, as you prefer.
List of material you need:
- 3 solid V wheels (4 are installed on the stock X carriage)
- 6 M5 30mm bolts (comes with the printer)
- 6 M5 nuts (comes with the printer)
- 4 M4 35mm bolts (you need to buy or change my design to use bolts you already have)
- 2 M4 12mm (the printer comes with M4 10mm. I believe they might work as well)
- 6 M4 t-nuts (comes with the printer)
- 2 M2 16mm (comes with the printer)
- 2 M2 nuts (comes with the printer)
- 6 nylon spacers (comes with the printer)
Bolts and nuts that comes to fix the hotend and BLTouch in place.
First install the BLTouch on the front plate, then assemble the rest. There isn't much to explain here. It's pretty straight forward.
You can also check this schematics (https://www.thingiverse.com/download:3202758) made by @Elzariant, one of my inspirations for my design. Just keep in mind that I'm using different combination of bolts and nuts, and their position are slightly different.
Check two tests I made after this upgrade and judge by yourself!
I hope you enjoy it!
If you'd like to support me you can post a make, comment and/or pay me a coffee at PayPal