~ Get In Touch ~
If you need to contact me about something or want to see my latest 3D printing projects add me on snapchat ( @brossi_mossi ) for regular updates and if you want access to my private story for 3D printing just message me "PRINTZ" to be added within 24 hours.
~ Introduction ~
The vibration mounts were designed to be simple and effective, as all things should be. Mine are printed in PLA and TPU but can be modified to use PLA and Foam, for similar effect, will talk more about this is in the PLA / Foam Section. These are designed for use with the Anycubic I3 Mega / Mega S but using the universal mount I believe you will be able use these with many other printers. Or modify the included files for better use with your 3D printer. I have also included an easy print version that uses more plastic but should be easy for bed adhesion. Please like as it really motivates me to keep making these models.
~ Parts ~ ( The Ingredients For 1 Mount )
1 Base ( PLA / ABS )
1 Top ( TPU )
*1 Base Mount ( PLA / ABS)
4 M3 Hex Nuts
4 M3 x 20mm or **M3 x 25mm Cylindrical Head Cap Screws
*And some way of mounting the Vibration Base Mounts securely if using them
~ Assembly ~ ( Easy Peasy )
1. Insert 4 M3 Hex nuts into the hexagonal slots in each Base
2. Screw in 4 M3 Cylindrical Head Cap Screws on the opposite side on all bases until they are flush with the face and DO NOT move up and down when pushed on the other side ( If so push them as far through as possible on the M3 Nut side before re-tightening the M3 Cylindrical Head Cap Screws )
3. Place a Top on top of each of the Bases ( Small Hole Down )
4. Place 1 M3 Nut into each of the holes on top of the Tops. Then tighten the M3 Nuts inside the Top
5. ( Skip steps 5, 6 and 7 if not using the Mounts ) Slide a Base Mount ( With double sided tape on the underside if not using screws ) over all the completed Vibration Dampeners then place the Vibration Dampeners with Mounts under your printer, in your desired configuration.
6. Screw in one hole of each of the Mounts or lift the mount of the floor and peel the protective layer of the tape before adhering it to the surface below
7. ( ONLY DO IF USING SCREWS ) Carefully lift your printer of the mounts, without knocking the Vibration Dampeners. Then screw in the remaining holes. ( You may find some form of putty will help hold the mounts in place before lifting your printer )
8. Finished ( Yay... Finally )
~ PLA / Foam ~
If your printer is not capable of printing TPU ( or equivalent filament ) or you do not want to shell out £20 - £50 on a roll, I understand so I have made a version that can use foam, preferably thick ( thicc ) foam for "best" results. The only difference is instead of using the regular base and top you will need the foam base and foam top and some foam. But what you don't need is the TPU ( Yay ). Simply take the Foam Base and use it as a stencil to trace out on the foam a cut-out. Cut this out and then pierce holes in the same place as the Foam Base. Insert 1 M3 Hex Nut into any of the hexagonal holes on both the Foam Base Plate and Foam Top. Take 4 M3 x 25mm and screw one through each of the circular holes in the Foam Base ( All the way through ). Then push the screws through the foam holes and place the Foam Top on top. Tighten the Foam Top M3 Hex Nuts. Then place them under your printer in your preferable configuration. You can also follow steps 5, 6 and 7 in the Normal version for a more secure system. Also experiment with different types of foam ( if not multiple at once ) and how tight the M3 Hex Nuts are for more optimal results.
~ Notes ~
I will be working on and off to make more improved versions in the future but for now after several hours of testing I think I will continue another project. My Dampeners are a TPU top and PLA base for the I3 Mega ( S ) with some foam inbetween them.