This object was entered in the MakeShaper Design Challenge (see all entries here).
Functional WATER PUMP
Water dispenser for bottles that works with air pressure.
It is important to keep the pressure inside the bottle. Follow the instructions to make it work correctly. If you loose pressure it will not work.
HOW DOES IT WORK (USE PICTURE):
1. The outside air (1.BLUE ARROW) gets inside the PUMP. The valve (3.GREEN) lets the air get inside but doesn't let the air come out.
2. When you press the pump you increase the air inside the bottle (RED ARROWS)
3. The air pushes the water throug the tube (4. YELLOW)
4. The water flows to the outside. :)
HOW TO PRINT:
*Print everything with 100% of infill to ensure that it is sealed.
*The flexible parts don't need support, the other ones do.
1. Choose the BASE file depending on the bottle to use. There are 4 files: One for small bottles (UK & EU) and 2 universal. The universal BASE is designed to stick a bottle cap directly (you have to make the holes).
2.Stick the valve to the lock (as seen in the images). Make sure the air can go only in one direction.
3. Seal the lock to the BASE.
4. Seal the PUMP to the lock.
5. Add a tube or strow to the base. The tube need an isdide diamater of 10mm or an outside of 8mm. Make sure its sealed.
*Use a glue gun to help you seal the object
*After some uses the pump might start having holes. Wrap the PUMP with a bag wil increase efficency.